Windows Genuine Advantage - issues

Raywood 07:54 17 Jun 06

A friend seems to have quite a few problems since getting the Windows Genuine Advantage from his windows updates. The first is that Windows Genuine Advantage (WGA) keeps trying to dial up to the internet on startup. This seems to make the firewall go crazy - it continually asks whether to open or close connections for this WGA notifications should be allowed or denied.

Having got past these initial problems, when my friend wants to connect to the internet, a connection can never be made. It can be resolved by logging out and then back in. This seems unnecessary.

Can this problem be controlled/removed?

Diodorus Siculus 07:57 17 Jun 06

How to remove it
click here

tiscalitrev 09:21 17 Jun 06

Hi, Like raywoods friend I downloaded the WGA when it became available with no apparent ill effects except that it too tried to connect to the internet at log on but zone alarm stopped it. Having read all the comments on this board i decided to get rid of it, all I did was to do a system restore to before the download. This appears to have removed it as it now appears every time in the windows available update shield.Have I been lucky?? Cheers, Trev.

wee eddie 09:42 17 Jun 06

Just instruct your Firewall to allow access, permanently.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…