windows genral enquiry

fujeni 23:19 23 Oct 05

i have downloaded a zip file of midi files 1000 to be precise when i opened the file i extracted all files accidently to my desktop i have tried to delete but they keep coming back how can i get rid of these files

alan227 23:26 23 Oct 05

Try right clicking the desktop/ left click arrange icons by/ left click desktop cleanup wizard.

splork 23:27 23 Oct 05

press f3 when on the desktop, look for *.mid files, uncheck `subfolders`, select and delete the found files

fujeni 23:45 23 Oct 05

thanks everyone but those options did not work any more suggestions

VoG II 06:13 24 Oct 05
  MAJ 07:54 24 Oct 05

Your desktop wont show 1000 files, so what might be happening is that once you delete some, the files that are not being shown are taking the deleted files place on the desktop. Try going to your C:\Documents and Settings\fujeni\Desktop folder (if you're using XP) or, your C:\Windows\Desktop folder (if you're using Win 9x). You should be able to see all the .mid files in there, if you can see them all there, delete them.

MAJ 07:55 24 Oct 05

Your desktop wont show 1000 files, so what might be happening is that once you delete some, the files that are not being shown are taking the deleted files place on the desktop. Try going to your C:\Documents and Settings\fujeni\Desktop folder (if you're using XP) or, your C:\Windows\Desktop folder (if you're using Win 9x). You should be able to see all the .mid files in there, if you can see them all there, delete them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…