Windows Full Service Scan

Lemur 19:03 04 Nov 06

I am experiencing all manner of problems with my computer and thought that I had found my salvation. In Windows Live under PC Health in the Toolbar, I am promised a Free Full Service Scan. However, after about five stages I click on another button named "Full Service Scan" and, although it seems to react to my click, nothing actually happens. Any ideas please.

Graham. 19:13 04 Nov 06

My first reaction is 'Free Full Service SCAM'. Where did this Toolbar item come from? Your PC security may have been compromised.

Graham. 19:15 04 Nov 06
  anskyber 19:17 04 Nov 06

click here i think he means.

Lemur 19:23 04 Nov 06

Thanks Graham and anskyber. Unfortunately, nothing happens when I click on either of your click here prompts either! By the way, I am on XP.

Graham. 19:23 04 Nov 06

Mmm... It's from Microsoft. Is this a free trial you're having a problem with? I gather it's a new offering.

Graham. 19:24 04 Nov 06

If you're on IE7, the click here's may be in a new window.

Lemur 19:32 04 Nov 06

I opened in a new window and found that you are both right. I then tried that technique on the Full Service Scan button but still no go.

Graham. 19:35 04 Nov 06

Is this the 90 day trial version you've downloaded?

johnnyrocker 19:37 04 Nov 06

firewall?

johnny.

Lemur 19:45 04 Nov 06

Graham - I don't think so. That service is for ongoing monitoring and I think is NOT free!

johnnyrocker - Will try without my firewall on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…