Windows Freezing

James1978 11:55 21 Aug 05

My computer has been working great since i got it last year, however in the last week it has started to freeze when the machine has be in for 20 mins approx. could this be to do with the heat? if not what could it be.

I have not installed anything new on the machine.

johnnyrocker 12:00 21 Aug 05

what operating system and do you have any anti spyware on board, how often do you clear temp internet files? for starters.

johnny.

James1978 12:06 21 Aug 05

I'm running window XP SP2, i am using the new microsoft anti spyware software. The temp files are cleared daily normally

BEN MARSHALL 14:22 21 Aug 05

ok try booting into safe mode and leave the pc over night and see if it freezes then if it does it is not a running prosess causing errors!

you could run a registry mechanic on it there is one on last weeks pc advisor dvd edition,

also the ram (Random Access Memory)may be to low eg for and xp you need at least 256 prefribly 512 to be safe but remember ram can get messed up so always buy ram in pares and run this test memtest 86 simpily write this file to cd and leave the cd in the drive and boot from cd let the test run until it gets to stage 8 if no errors your current ram is fine if errors replace the ram! click here

Good Look Ben Marshall - PC Consultant

Procrastinus 15:56 21 Aug 05

Have you tried the Antifreeze section in Norton CrashGuard - has worked very well for me many times.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…