Windows Firewall+group Policy

wolfman10 18:26 19 Nov 07

Dear Friends,
Recently my wireless internet stopped working - each time try to connect to the interent it says that i must adjust the group policy settings, this is strange as i had not fiddled with them before and as mentioned it just out of the blue stoped working. My internet is fine with the ethernet cable just will not connect via wireless. Any ideas i suspect it maybe due to a windows update that has messed this up?

skidzy 18:43 19 Nov 07

Assuming Vista ! but maybe the same problem with xp.

Think your right Wolfman;

Im on Vista and have had the same problem since the last batch of updates and due to the complex way of Vista firewall,its almost impossible to create a group policy rule to allow connection.

However,i sorted mine by;

1) If you have a router Nat firewall enabled,disable this.

2) Unplug the router.

3) Disable Vista's Firewall

4) Reboot the computer

5) Plug the router back in and enable the Nat firewall.

6) Enable Vista's Firewall.

This has sorted mine and i guess Vista has recognised the new settings and all works fine for me.

wolfman10 20:44 19 Nov 07

cheers skidzy will give it a whirl, and bingo u r correct i use vista ths problem has been annoying me to my wits end.

wolfman10 21:00 19 Nov 07

thx again skidzy - this worked !

skidzy 21:04 19 Nov 07

Your welcome wolfman,gave me the run around for a while.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…