Windows Firewall stopping home network

Typ 22:31 10 May 05

I have set up a home network, with a Laptop Wi Fi and Desktops off RJ45 cable to a DSL WiFi Modem I can see,and open, and alter files on the desktops from the laptop. I can see the laptop but cannot open files on the laptop from the desktops.The desk tops can see each other. When I try to open files on the laptop, message comes up You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions (The net work path was not found) If the Windows fire wall on the laptop is turned off it will all work, What have I missed out to stop windows fire wall from stopping me seeing files on my laptop
I have looked in the Exceptions, in windows firewall, file and print sharing e.t.c. are all ticked. And in Add program there is no home network program listed.

selfbuild 22:30 11 May 05

click here and download the free version of Sygate firewall which is far superior to the Windows effort.....

Once installed goto Tools -> Optons -> Network Neighbourhood Tab and make sure both boxes are ticked......

uisquebeathus 13:09 12 May 05

have you created a named user for yourself on all the pcs yoy are trying to get into?

Typ 20:03 13 May 05

uisquebeathus
All four of my computers all have a named user but not the same one.
The network have the same work group name.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…