Windows Firewall problem

Jlen 15:05 11 Oct 06

I want to disable windows firewall as i am running zone alarm firewall.When I click on the Windows Firewall(WF) within the Control Panel it shows a message that the 'firewall settings cannot be displayed the assoc service is not running, do you wish to start the WF/Internet Sharing Connection(ICS) service?' when I hit 'yes' it then shows a message 'Win cannot start the WF/ICS service'
I then try run/services.msc/WF:ICS services/click, the dialog shows Start up type 'Automatic' and services stus as 'stopped' when I hit start it then comes up with 'Could not start WF/ICS service on local computer,error 123 The filename,directory name or volume label syntax is incorrect'
The executable path on the dialogue is \SystemRoot\C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe -k netsvcs
thx in advance
LenJam

Andsome 15:11 11 Oct 06

Start/Control panel/Security centre/Windows firewall

Jlen 15:46 11 Oct 06

Sorry meant to say same error whenaccessing through the security centre

ACOLYTE 15:57 11 Oct 06

Zonealarm,should diable windows firewall for you when you install it.
You may be getting this error because ZA has already disabled it and is stopping it from starting again so as not to cause conflicts on your pc.

Jlen 17:02 11 Oct 06

Thanks guys for input however Firewall is showing 'ON' in the security centre view as is the other two programs ie Update and Virus protection

Fellsider 17:08 11 Oct 06

Click on the down arrow adjacent to it and it will tell you which firewall is active

Jlen 17:08 11 Oct 06

...another thing that may be relevant or not is within Control Panel/Admin Tools/Computer Management & Component resources/Services & Applications/Services/Windows Firewall;ICS ,,, when I click it says
'The system cannot find the file specified'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…