Windows Firewall blocking home network

Typ 00:01 21 Apr 05

I am setting up a home network with a Wi Fi Laptop and Desktops RJ45 cable to a DSL WiFi Modem
I can see, open and alter files on the desktops from the laptop.
I can see the laptop but cannot open files on the laptop from the desktops.
When I try to open files on the laptop, message comes up You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions (The net work path was not found)
If the windows fire wall on the laptop is turned off it will all work,
What have I missed out to stop windows fire wall from stopping me seeing files on my laptop

watchful 07:05 21 Apr 05

From Control Panel/Security centre/Windows Firewall - you can configure the Firewall under the 'Exceptions' tab and add exceptions as needed.
Click Apply & OK.

Typ 21:18 21 Apr 05

Wachful I have looked in the Exceptions, file and print sharing e.t.c. are all ticked.
And in Add program there is no home network program listed.
I could add a port opening but where will I find the righ port No
As it is not stoping me from going on the net.

watchful 18:12 22 Apr 05

Sorry, I don't know what the Port no. will be.

Hope someone else does.

watchful 22:54 24 May 05

Anyone found a solution to this one?

VoG II 23:08 24 May 05

Start, Run, type in

services.msc

and click OK.

Scroll down to Security Center, click Stop and set the startup behaviour to Disabled.

You have now disabled Windows firewall. To install a decent software firewall click here

VoG II 23:09 24 May 05

Scroll down to Security Center, DOUBLE CLICK IT, click Stop and set the startup behaviour to Disabled.

Sorry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Best iMovie for Mac tips 2017 | How to edit video with iMovie: 26 brilliant video editing tricks…