Windows Firewall

Proxy worm 17:45 05 Jul 03

i am running XP home, my internet is not firewalled and when i go to "properties" it says that it is corrupt? If anyone has any suggestions please email me back

bremner 17:52 05 Jul 03

Can you explain a little more. 'Properties' on what is corrupt ?

Proxy worm 17:55 05 Jul 03

WHEN YOU GO TO NETWORK CONECTIONS AND PRESS RIGHT CLICK ON THE INTERNET CONNECTION NAD THE GO TO PROPERTIES , THEN ON THE TOP CLIK ADVANCED IT SAYS "YOUR FIREWALL IS MISSING OR CORRUPT"

powerless 17:57 05 Jul 03

Start > Run > Copy and Paste:

SFC /SCANNOW

Click ok and have your XP CD in the drive. This will look at any buggered XP files and will fix them.

bremner 18:00 05 Jul 03

In that case I would put your XP disk in the drive.

Go to Start> All Programs> Accessories . Command Prompt

Then type SFC /SCANNOW

This will check your system files and replace any that are corrupt.

Proxy worm 18:13 05 Jul 03

yeh i have done what you said but it still is corrupt? the firewall is cery important so this is essential!!!

powerless 18:15 05 Jul 03

The firewall with Windows XP is basic as it only monitors incoming traffic.

Something like Zonealarm (free) is better as it monitor both in and outcoming traffic.

click here

powerless 18:16 05 Jul 03

outgoing.

Proxy worm 18:19 05 Jul 03

i am using norton firewall but every one second it keeps on saying that so and so is ntering my pc on medium risk?

jazzypop 18:50 05 Jul 03

So, Norton Firewall (properly and correctly) disabled the XP firewall when it was installed - running 2 firewalls at the same time is a bad idea.

Either turn off the alerts in Norton firewall, or simply uninstall it.

The message about your XP firewall being missing or corrupt makes much more sense now - it is 'missing', because it has been replaced by the more comprehensive Norton version.

Proxy worm 11:39 06 Jul 03

so which one is beter windws firewall or norton- i bought the norton firewall in a package (system works) so i cant just un install firewall! i have turned firewall of but it still has no firewall!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…