Windows Fax and Scan program

Allan RISC OS user 14:34 PM 14 May 11
Answered

Yet again I have lost the ability to use my HP printer scanner copier 1350 as a scanner, it will print and copy, but will not scan. This has happened before on this PC and the only way to over come the problem was to reinstall the Windows 7 OS as no one seemed to have an answer as to where I could obtain and reinstall the program "Windows FAX and Scan" which may have corrected the problem without having to install the whole system. I know it is not the printer/scanner at fault as it works correctly if I connect it to my other Windows PC. I have used device manager and removed the hardware. Any help would be welcomed.

Woolwell 16:32 PM 14 May 11

I don't use W7 but isn't Windows fax and scan part of its features and should be turned off or on through the Control panel (it should be part of your original disc) Turn Windows features on or off

Allan RISC OS user 18:54 PM 14 May 11

I have found the Windows fax and scan programme and it was turned on, so I turned it off re started Windows and then turned it back on again. Still not working. I need to re install the programme but do not know where to find it!

tullie 19:12 PM 14 May 11

I use my fax/scanners own software

Woolwell 13:53 PM 15 May 11

It is part of Windows and is not a separate program. Have you installed the Win 7 drivers correctly HP 1350 w7 drivers

Allan RISC OS user 18:31 PM 29 Jun 11
Answer

Had to reinstall the OS to get it working again, seems to be no other way!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 review: Why the new Start menu, Edge browser, new apps and Cortana make Windows 10 the…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Help Dan Rubin curate galleries of Adobe Stock images – and you could win a year's Creative Cloud

What to expect at the September Apple event: new iPhones, iOS 9, watchOS 2 and maybe even a new…