Windows failed to start

eedcam 16:36 16 Aug 09

This morning on starting the pc it stalled part way through windows loading there was a quick flash of blue screen too fast to read what was on it .Then got the screen with windows failed etc;s do you want to start with Normal/ last configuration etc tried both same failure each time then tried safe mode and did restore and now touch wood ok .Nothng has been done or added to the pc though last night on one site AVG came up with 2 vrus and a trojan warning which were sent to the vault .Could this have beeen the cause of this mornings problems or just a coincidence?

woodchip 16:39 16 Aug 09

Will it start in Safe Mode tapping F5 as it starts? if it does try doing a System Restore

eedcam 16:43 16 Aug 09

it started in safe mode ok from the options page and now touch wood again starts ok normally

Pamy 16:45 16 Aug 09

Do you have the original Windows cd?
If so what operating system is it?
You can do a repair install with XP

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:51 16 Aug 09

Have you downloaded and installed any windows updates recently?

Sea Urchin 16:52 16 Aug 09

These days it's usually F8 for getting into Safe Mode - the option for going direct into safe mode tapping F5 was used in Win95. Some manufacturers use F5 instead of F8 but it's either one or the other.

click here

eedcam 18:11 16 Aug 09

Thanks guys but I cant see where you are going .It did go to safe mode and I did a system restore this morning and now hopefully all is ok . My queriywas what may have caused it
Fruitbat no no updates done
Pammy yes I have the cd and its Xp but why do a repair now its working?
Sea Urchin mines never starts by tapping anything I always have to go through msconfig
But this morning It was on offer amongst norma or last working

woodchip 18:37 16 Aug 09

F5 works in all windows as far as I know

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac