Windows Failed To Start

buddiebuoy 15:38 31 Mar 04

I've actually solved the problem although I'm not really sure what caused it.
I run Windows XP Home. When starting up it went through the normal process until it got to the Windows XP page with the green dots scrolling across the page. Once that had completed it went straight back to the initial start page and then gave me the options for satrtup after a failure. Everytime it would get as far as green dots scrolling and go back to start. I then booted from the XP CD and ran an XP recovery. I've done this a few times before with no problem, however this time close completion of installation I got the following error message
'Procedure Entry Point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL'

I had to click this error message several times (probably more than 20!) before it cleared. Once it clear the setup finished and everything now appears ok. I would appreciate any info. Thanks

goonerbill 10:28 01 Apr 04

bump

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…