Windows explorer on Win7

wiz-king 14:02 PM 06 Feb 12
Answered

Is there any way I can get it to look like explorer on XP. I want to build a folder tree and I cant get it to look right on Win 7

birdface 14:22 PM 06 Feb 12

Not sure if this is what you mean.

Right click the start globe and choose Windows Explorer.

wiz-king 15:07 PM 06 Feb 12

buteman I need to change the way it displays the folder tree. In XP each folder that contains other folders can be opened in the lefthand panes to show all the sub folders that are nested within the main folder.

northumbria61 15:34 PM 06 Feb 12

There's not much you can do about Windows Explorer. However, right clicking on a blank area of the desktop and select the Windows Classic theme will get your start menu a bit more reminiscent of the older look Windows.

Zeppelyn 16:43 PM 06 Feb 12
Answer

Win 7 does it, just click on the arrow next to Computer in left pane and you can expand down as far as you like. Just tried and works perfectly.

Zeppelyn 16:43 PM 06 Feb 12

Win 7 does it, just click on the arrow next to Computer in left pane and you can expand down as far as you like. Just tried and works perfectly.

wiz-king 18:25 PM 06 Feb 12

Thanks northumbria61 & Zeppelyn done both and it looks a lot better.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites