Windows Explorer - View as Web Page not standard

xtone 14:28 23 Dec 05

I am running Windows 98SE and, as a result of clumsy keywork, have lost the ability to display folder contents in Windows Explorer as a web page - I need this facility to view thumbnails of digital photo files, and other useful information on individual files.
I can recover this facility in an individual folder by clicking on VIEW - AS WEB PAGE, but this only works on the current folder and reverts as soon as I go to another folder. How can I restore automatic viewing of all folders in web page format?

GaT7 21:05 23 Dec 05

* In any Explorer folder, click View>As Web Page.
* Next, click on Tools>Folder Options>View tab & click on the 'Apply to All Folders' button, Apply, OK.

It's been a while since I used Win98se. I'm using WinXP now, & the 2nd point applies to me. G

PS - Some related info you may need if the above doesn't work:
* How to Enable the Thumbnail View for Folders in Windows Explorer
click here
* Thumbnail Command is Missing from the View Menu
click here
* Thumbnail Views Not Displayed for Some File Types
click here
* Image Previews Not Displayed in Windows Explorer click here

xtone 17:22 28 Dec 05

Thanks for this Crossbow. In fact when I restarted the box after the Christmas break, rebooting had cleared the problem - however these tips could be useful next time I screw up!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…