Windows explorer - unable to access drives

astral traveller 15:49 04 May 09

Hi, OS is Vista Home Premium version 6 service pack 1. Windows explorer opens okay but when I click on a drive icon or the computer icon to view folders I just get the busy logo and the green progress bar at the top moving across to the right but never getting there. This can happen from first startup or later on. I don't think I have a virus, I have AVG, Threatfire, Spybot and Drive Sentry running and up to date.
Any ideas would be welcome.
Thanks

Sea Urchin 15:55 04 May 09

Isn't Threatfire an anti-virus program? You certainly shouldn't run that together with AVG Anti-Virus - as they may cause conflict.

astral traveller 16:39 04 May 09

Thanks Sea Urchin, I knew that 2 firewalls was a bad idea but not 2 anti virus - I will remove Threatfire and see if that helps.

Sea Urchin 16:45 04 May 09

One Anti-Virus and one firewall - but more than one anti-spyware program is fine.

astral traveller 17:01 04 May 09

Thanks, will post back if problem returns but in the meantime fingers crossed that all is well!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…