Windows Explorer two panes

Dench 19:30 13 Sep 06

I know I have seen this before but cannot trace the response in the archives.
When I 'open' windows explorer normally it has only one pane. If I open as 'explore' then it opens with two panes. I much prefer the two panes version, how can I get this result automatically? I use Windows XP Home edition.

VoG II 19:59 13 Sep 06

click here;en-us;307856&sd=tech

You can right click tyhe Windows Explorer icon, Properties and enter in the Target box. For examjple my target is set to

C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /n,/e,C:

VoG II 20:00 13 Sep 06
  Simsy 20:01 13 Sep 06

opening it "normally", to use your words, then on the view menu choose Explorer bar>Folders.

Then close it and reopen to see if it's "stuck"

I'm clutching at straws a bit though!

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Dench 18:15 14 Sep 06

I know I said I used 'windows explorer' but I actually use 'my computer' as there is no 'windows explorer' in the accessories/system area. My PC has just been rebuilt by Mesh and it does not appears anywhere. Can I retrieve it from anywhere?
I tried the view/folders option but it reverts to single pane every time.

VoG II 18:26 14 Sep 06

Right click desktop, New > Shortcut.

In the destination box enter

C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe /n,/e,C:

Click Next, Name it what you like, click Finish.

Click on the new desktop item, keep the mouse button depressed and drag to the Start button, then All Programs and so on till you get to where you would like it and release the mouse button. You can now delete the desktop icon if you wish.

Dench 18:31 14 Sep 06

Many thanks, your a star.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…