Hi my windows explorer stops working when i am, it seems just in my downloads.
Now i have been into Report and Problems and says the following...
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.0.6002.18005
Application Timestamp: 49e01da5
Fault Module Name: mp4splitter.ax
Fault Module Version: 220.127.116.11
Fault Module Timestamp: 44c0301e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0001fda6
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
So by reading the above seems as.....culprit mp4splitter.ax is the problem.
Now i have done a search and came up with nothing and hence am now stuck.
So hopefully someone will know what that is.
Kind regards and many thanks in advance.
Cheers peeps :)
Cheers Chronus. Do i need to download the codec then as i had a similar prob last month with ffdshow and downloaded that codec and seems ok since until now with this one. Also why all of a sudden am i getting these probs with the codec's crashing windows explorer.
Cheers mate i will await your reply before i go head and download just in case.
Once again cheers bud for your reply.
@ Chronus. Did't see the other link you put :) just checked it out but the only recent app i have installed was trivial pursuit!! So after reading that im a tad lost on what to do and what app it is installed to
Unless you can Identify the software that needs this process and I accept this might be difficult then I would just go ahead with my first link., though you might want to leave it till later today just in case someone else has a better idea and it will give me time to research this further.
Cheers Chronus. I will hang off for a bit. I have tried to look and see what program it could be and the only thing i have used just prior to this starting was i downloaded a series onto BBC iPlayer, but would not think that to be the prob. Then i may be wrong :)
I have searched and searched.......and finally, i think i have found what program uses it.......Arcsoft, has been installed for a long time, so as i had even forgot it was on here and do not use it.
So i will go a head and revo-uninstall it.
Unless you think other wise.
I will let you all know the out come and will leave this thread open for a few days to be sure.
Cheers Chronus and let me know if you think this is the culprit.......cheers mate.
I am sorry I did not get back to you,got my new GTX 670 and 700W PSU today and have spent the afternoon changing out components and things never go smoothly, as you one problem after another. But finally sorted.
I would get rid of Arcsoft and see if that cures your problem,if not we can go back to plan A.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.