Windows Explorer Stopped

ponytail 20 Oct 12

The following message keeps appearing. Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working Winows can check online for a solution to the problem

Does anyone know this meansand has anyone else had this message. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium

Nontek 20 Oct 12

I have had that on occasions, but I simply restart and carry on as normal. I have never known the so-called on-line check to actually come up with a solution!

D@ve 20 Oct 12

" I have never known the so-called on-line check to actually come up with a solution!"

I remember a while back that one of our regulars posted a thread where they'd ran in to a problem with their computer, and spent days trying absolutely everything they could to fix it (including formatting and reinstalling Windows etc). After getting nowhere, they finally decided to allow Windows to check online for a solution where it came back and said it was a known problem, and offered a file to download to fix it and it worked. (I think that's how it went anyway, I'm relying on memory here).

Ever since then, I've always allowed Windows to check for a solution (I used to be one of those that would click the cancel button as soon as it tried to check), that said however, I'm still waiting for it to make my first fix!

Nontek 20 Oct 12

D@ve

I'm still waiting for it to make my first fix!

I too allow windows to make the check, but as I said that check has never found a solution that worked!

rdave13 20 Oct 12

If Windows explorer I had the same problem when I tried Spybot's beta program. Uninstalling it worked. Have you downloaded a program recently that might not be compatible with 7?

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Behind the scenes at Silverstone, the 70th British Grand Prix: Hisense starts UK push with Red…

How Found created this skateboard, bike and parkour stunts-laden, single-take car ad

Apple Pay UK launch date, UK user guide and participating UK banks | Apple Pay to launch in UK on 1?…

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message