Windows Explorer Shutdown Problem

Megs 01:37 12 Aug 03

I was downloading a large .avi file so left my pc running while I went to work, on my return I was told my daughter had 'got at' the pc and was presented with windows open everywhere as she had been randomly clicking the mouse.I closed everything she had opened and saw the download had been completed, however when I try to get to the file windows explorer encounters a problem and shuts down, I downloaded the file to a specific folder, and no matter how I try to navigate to it the minute the folder opens revealing the file, windows explorer encounters a problem and shuts down, I just can't think what she has done which has caused this, or how to rectify it, any ideas would be gratefully received as it is a large file which I would rather not download again, Thanks.

AndySD 06:45 12 Aug 03

Try usinf START the FIND/SEARCH and move the file from there.

Or if you are using 98 or ME then Go Add/Remove programs and choose MS Internet Explorer and when you click on remove you will get 3 options choose REPAIR.

If you are using XP then to repair IE is dependent on you having either an XP cd or a copy of IE6 on a cover cd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…