Windows Explorer Shrunk Screen

amatlancer 21:48 PM 25 Jan 12

I accidentally hit either Alt, Ctrl, or the Windows Start (Alt Option) button with a combination of other letter or key and my browser picture shrunk in size. What exactly did I hit and how do I reset my internet screen back to its normal state?

johnnyrocker 21:56 PM 25 Jan 12

you havent said what system you use but generally one opens a window then drags it to fit then close with alt f4 when reopening should be ok

johnny

birdface 21:57 PM 25 Jan 12

Will the Restore up, next to the red X work.

amatlancer 22:00 PM 25 Jan 12

I'm using Internet Explorer 8 and running Windows XP.

amatlancer 22:27 PM 25 Jan 12

to be even more exact, my fonts and info on a web page shrank. to go further, on a typical login screen that sits in the middle of a webpage, to be more precise this one: http://idp.mrmls.safemls.net/idp/Authn/UserPassword

the screen wont let me see the dialog box to type in my password or even see what im typing. i have to hit tab to type it in but cant see it or click in it. a scroll bar is there to scroll left to right.

birdface 22:59 PM 25 Jan 12

Not much help but if you have a scroll wheel on your mouse hold down your Ctrl button and turn the mouse wheel.See if that helps a little.

Not sure how you get rid of the other browser though.

Ian in Northampton 09:27 AM 26 Jan 12

I'm not sure exactly what the problem is from the way you describe it - but if fonts in a browser window have suddenly become very small, it sounds like you may have hit Control and - (minus). To restore them, just hit Control and + till they're the size you want them to be.

amatlancer 21:31 PM 27 Jan 12

TO "Ian in Northampton"- Thank you so much, your recommendation worked.

Ian in Northampton 15:17 PM 28 Jan 12

Another happy ending... :-)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED