Windows Explorer Problem

Knut 16:04 26 Mar 04

I'm running Windows ME and have been using Paint Shop Pro for several years as my graphics application.
For some inexplicable reason in the last few days if I right click on a graphics icon of any description, whether it be in Windows Explorer or by opening My Computer/My Documents window, instead of getting the usual context menu I get the error message “Explorer has caused an error in OPSHEL32.DLL Explorer will now close. When I click OK several items on the Task Bar disappear and the machine partially freezes or sometimes locks up. I've tried System Restore and used the Registry Back-up, both to no avail. I'm hoping to avoid re-installing Windows etc. as it would take hours to re-install all of my applications.
Anyone out there got any good ideas?

Michendi 16:36 26 Mar 04

I had exactly the same problem. At the time I was running Steganos v3. I upgraded to Steganos 4.15 and after the installation the problem disappeared completely. The only explanation that I have is that the upgraded version of Steganos must have updated the DLL that was causing the problem. You may want to think about any programs that you have recently installed/upgraded as they may be the culprit.

VoG II 16:51 26 Mar 04

Or you can try replacing the file click here

GaT7 17:09 26 Mar 04

Do you have OmniPage Pro installed (or recently uninstalled). Opshel32.dll & Ophook32.dll
can cause these problems - for a temporary fix uninstall OmniPage & delete both the above files if still present. For more info - click here & click here

Fjellman 18:00 26 Mar 04

Thanks Michendi. Steganos seems to have been the culprit, although my version was 5.0 I'd installed it about 4 days ago. I uninstalled it then did a System Restore to a point before the original installation and the problem seems to have gone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…