Windows Explorer no toolbars

Gongoozler 14:45 23 Jun 03

I am running Windows 98se with IE6. After a recent crash, I no longer have a menu bar, button bar or address bar in Windows Explorer, just the blue title bar at the top and then the two panes below. I have tried sfc and regclean, and I have reloaded IE6 over itself. I have searched this forum and the web via Google but have found no clues to this problem. If all else fails I'll have to reformat my C drive and restore from a backup, but I'm pretty certain that there's a simple fix if only I could find what it is. Do any forum members have any ideas?

Jester2K II 14:49 23 Jun 03

Right clcik where they should be and check the ones you want...

Gongoozler 14:52 23 Jun 03

Hi Jester2K II. That was a quick reply!! Unfortunately the right click only works if there's a toolbar area to click in. Right clicking on the boundary between the blue title bar and the floder/file panes doesn't do anything.

Jester2K II 14:55 23 Jun 03

Sorry didn't see you had no menu bar....

Gongoozler 15:56 23 Jun 03

I may have a clue here. If I open Windows Explorer by right clicking the W.E. icon, selecting "Properties" and "Find target", I get the full set of toolbars, but if I just click on the icon, I get no toolbars. This must mean something to the cleverer forum members.

PSF 16:49 23 Jun 03

Have you tried pressing F11 to toggle full screen on/off.

Gongoozler 16:56 23 Jun 03

Thanks for that suggestion PSF, but all that does is to remove the blue title bar. I have, however found another clue. I opened W.E. via the "Find target" route, and right clicked on the toolbar area, and unticked "Lock toolbars". I now get a double headed resize arrow when I put the cursor over where the toolbars should be - but it doesn't do anything. Close inspection of this region suggests that in fact there is a toolbar area, but it's only 1 pixel high.

woodchip 16:56 23 Jun 03

Run SFC from Start/Run with the Win98 CD in Comp

woodchip 16:57 23 Jun 03

Sorry not read above,

woodchip 16:58 23 Jun 03

Try this start with Win98 floppy disc and at A:\> type Scanreg/Restore go back to old date

woodchip 17:03 23 Jun 03

Your post gives a clue create a new shortcut to explorer, right click drag a shortcut from the Explorer icon in the windows folder to desktop or quick start bar

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now