Windows Explorer missing? Win 98SE

I can't find Windows Explorer in Programs. It's there in Registry, so maybe a value is incorrect?

spikeychris 15:13 27 Feb 04

What happens when you press the Windows key and "E"

spikeychris 15:14 27 Feb 04

Accessories?

Gongoozler 15:14 27 Feb 04

Hi [email protected]@m, In Start - Programs, Windows Explorer is only a shortcut to C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE, so as long as you have the program ( I don't think Windows wil work without it, you can right click on it and create a new shortcut to put into C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs

ventanas 15:15 27 Feb 04

Do you mean the shortcut on the Start menu. Explorer must still be there, Windows won't run without it.

You will need to create a new shortcut, but I cannot remember where the program is in '98. At a guess I would say C:\Windows\System, but I wait to be corrected.

ventanas 15:16 27 Feb 04

Sorry Gongoozler, beat me to it.

Hi, no Windows key. Not in Accessories.

Start Menu, Programs, StartUp, folder is empty.

ventanas 15:24 27 Feb 04

It does not go in Startup, it goes in the Start menu. Find explorer.exe, probably in C:\Windows, drag the icon to the desktop with the RIGHT mouse button, release and choose Creat shortcut here. You can then drag it anywhere you want.

I put C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE into Run, and Explorer came up. How do I make a shortcut to the Start menu?

Gongoozler 15:34 27 Feb 04

[email protected]@m, see my earlier posting. Open Windows Explorer (or My Computer). Find C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE. Right click and select "Create shortcut". This will put a shortcut in the same folder. Right click on the shortcut and select "Cut". Now navigate to C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs, right click and select "Paste".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…