Windows Explorer -Keyboard Shortcuts?

igr 14:26 11 Jul 04

I seem to have lost the ability to use the Ctrl and Shift keys to highlight files and move them in bulk etc to new file folders. (I am reorganising my digital photo files) I cannot remember how to set this up in W2K. Any offers to remind me how to?

Diodorus Siculus 14:33 11 Jul 04

Ctrl A will select all

Ctrl C will copy all

Ctrl x will copy all

Ctrl v will paste all

igr 14:39 11 Jul 04

No, I am OK with that. I have been able to use Ctrl and shift with a left click on the mouse to highlight specific files or groups of files and drag them to new folders as a shortcut. This does not work now and I am perplexed as to why

Diodorus Siculus 14:41 11 Jul 04

OK - I don't know why that doesn't work; it is ok on my win2k machine. Sorry I can't help.

igr 14:45 11 Jul 04

Thanks - probably some incompatibility with a new download.

VoG II 15:12 11 Jul 04

There was a similar thread a while back about an inability to cut and paste in Windows Explorer. The solution was ... a repair of Internet Explorer! It can't do any harm to try click here

igr 15:34 11 Jul 04

Seems strange to tinker with IE to cure a problem with WE! However tried that and didn't get the tee-shirt. I can still drag and drop, but only one file at a time. So still looking for ideas.

Pesala 16:28 11 Jul 04

Roll back a few weeks to when it was working.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…