Windows Explorer keyboard shortcut keys for specific folder shortcuts don't work any more...

Takeshi-Fujimoto 00:05 AM 13 Mar 13

Hiya, it might be a bit silly to ask but up until recently I've been able to set keyboard shortcut combinations for particular folder shortcuts and use them. Say if I wanted to quick-launch the music folder or some other one, I just pressed Ctrl-Alt-and whatever letter after it and bam - there it was.

But now that keyboard shortcut thingy in Windows Explorer doesn't work any more for a reason that's beyond any common sense... Anybody has any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

BTW, my OS is W8 Enterprise x64 and my PC is fairly competitive in today's world of specs. I attach a pic through a link on PhotoBucket below for a clearer picture of my problem. Thanks you all once again.

rdave13 01:13 AM 13 Mar 13

Can't help sorry. In properties I only get the general, sharing, security and customise tabs. Win 8 pro.

Might be a keyboard driver problem?

Takeshi-Fujimoto 01:25 AM 13 Mar 13

@rdave13 could you please try it with a Shortcut to a folder (rather than an actual folder), I'd appreciate it mucho gracias if you could look into this matter by just making a shortcut to any folder anywhere and see what you can figure out...thanks dave

rdave13 01:27 AM 13 Mar 13

I only get the option from the desktop, Try deleting the desktop short-cut and create a new one and create a new hot key.

rdave13 01:33 AM 13 Mar 13

Works OK with Belarc short-cut on desktop. Might need to delete and recreate a short-cut for it to work again, though, I don't know what program you've used to disassociate the hot key from the short-cut.

Takeshi-Fujimoto 01:45 AM 13 Mar 13

Ok, there's some progression with this - only shortcuts that were made on DESKTOP work but those that were made elsewhere - don't.

I can almost mark my query "solved" but I'd like to get the non-desktop shortcuts to work too, since I keep my Desktop un-obstructed...

I mean, it used to work for me in the past and now it doesn't...I used to be able to open any shortcut from any location, either it'd be from deep inside a system folder or from my Documents etc but if there isn't anything more you could think of, It'd more than ok, my issue is technically and almost practically solved :) ....

Takeshi-Fujimoto 01:49 AM 13 Mar 13

SOLVED - it works with the hidden shortcuts so my desktop is ok for storing them, THANKS EVERYONE!

Takeshi-Fujimoto 02:00 AM 13 Mar 13

thanks rdave13 i mean,

appreciate it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…