Windows Explorer keeps needing to close?

Nickelback1 08:53 03 Mar 04

Everytime I try to access network connections from Win Explorer it fails & needs to close as it encounters a problem which I cannot find.
Yesterday my browser was highjacked by a programme called 180 Solutions & Powerscan. I have now removed these using Ad-Aware 6 & Spt-Bot but have the highjackers caused damage that I now need to repair elsewhere?

johnnyrocker 09:43 03 Mar 04

click here and get on line virus scan, that is likely your problem, what os and what av?
johnny.

Nickelback1 10:13 03 Mar 04

Thx Johnnyrocker,
OP system is Win XP Pro & AV is Norton AV 2004.
I have completes a full virus scan with NAV up to date & nothing found.
I have also completed SFC /SCANNOW and all is OK
What next?

Nickelback1 12:34 03 Mar 04

Any suggestions - Anyone ???

christmascracker 12:47 03 Mar 04

Have you had a look in the event viewer? It might give you a clue as to what is wrong

Nickelback1 13:04 03 Mar 04

No I have'nt, how do I find/use event viewer ?

christmascracker 14:13 03 Mar 04

In XP home its in control panel, administrative tools. I presume it's the same with pro

Nickelback1 14:24 03 Mar 04

Found it, used it & guess what! no event log problem when I create the fault so unable to trace it still.
Any ideas ?

palinka 14:26 03 Mar 04

When did you last update your AV? If it isn't up to date it won't find newish viruses.

Nickelback1 14:33 03 Mar 04

Updated yesterday & swept with full scan - nothing found, also firewall up and running @ the time as part of Systemworks & fully updated

Nickelback1 15:55 03 Mar 04

Help still needed if anyone can suggest a solution without a complete XP Pro re-install ??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…