Windows Explorer keeps dropping out

Quilljar 23:08 16 Jul 06

I am having a long term problem with messages from Windows Explorer. They keep telling me that Windows Explorer has to close. Then the window I am working with closes. I can sometimes open it again, but mostly the desktop freezes. I have run at least five Spyware programs that I use, AVG virus and Registry mechanic. I have also System Restored to before this happened, but it still goes on. I have posted the error messages that I am getting here

click here

Can anyone help here, or do I have to re-install windows XP? I have XP and SVCE pack 2

howard63 23:13 16 Jul 06

try repairing the installation - boot from xp cd and when you get to the screen for installing xp you should get the chance to repair by pressing R. Or you could try using sfc /scanreg from a command prompt you will need your xp cd for this.

Quilljar 23:53 16 Jul 06

When I put in my legal XP CD I get a message to say that I am running a newer version than the CD and that it will not respond. Is this the reward I get for keeping up to date?

I tried typing in sfc/scanreg but it tells me it cannot find the file.

skidzy 23:58 16 Jul 06

This may be of help if howard63's suggestion does not work for you. click here

Try this also click here

Hope this helps

skidzy 00:01 17 Jul 06

click here

Also note the space between c and /
sfc /scannow
same with scanreg

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…