Windows Explorer keeps closing randomly

contractor 20:39 22 Jul 08

I am running Windows Vista on a laptop and the Windows Explorer randomly stops working and a message appears that it is re-connecting, it then closes and starts up again. It very frustrating as I use several computers and this only happens on my laptop.When I bought it I installed Norton 360 software but when I found out that my daughters laptop was riddled with viruses I changed all our computers to Kaspersky 2009.I have scanned for viruses-none found.Haven't a clue why this is happening, hope someone has the solution

birdface 22:13 22 Jul 08

Try right clicking Local area connection and press repair.See if it finds any faults.

Jazzyboo 22:15 22 Jul 08

I am getting exactly the same thing but on a PC not a laptop. I am with Virgin Media.

birdface 23:40 22 Jul 08

Did you use the Norton removal tool to remove Norton 360.Jazzyboo did you try and switch the modem off for 10 seconds then switch it back on and leave it for 2 minutes before you try it.

contractor 08:49 13 Aug 08

Tried all the above to no avail, it still closes randomly throughout my time on the laptop, it doesn't happen on the desktop or the other 2 laptops used in the house.

open device manager under view check 'show hidden devices' see if there are any '!' marks. if there are please post them

Clapton is God 12:58 13 Aug 08

Do you really mean Windows Explorer or are you talking about Internet Explorer?

contractor 00:18 18 Aug 08

i bought a PC register cleaner and ran that and it seems to have cured it-fingers crossed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…