Windows Explorer keeps closing

darrenrichie 12:49 06 May 08

Hi all.
I recently did a clean install of xp sp2 and everything was fine until last week when windows explorer started to close with the "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" message. I close it and then it restarts. This seems to happen when I close any windows that I use when looking in folders or other drives. I have done the SFC/scannow and virus and spyware scans all come up with nothing.
Any ideas?
Cheers

Taff™ 13:07 06 May 08

Go to tools "Manage Add Ons" and check which one`s are enabled.

rossgolf 13:27 06 May 08

i think he is on about explorer.exe not Internet Explorer

Taff™ 14:15 06 May 08

Ooops! I`ll get my coat!

Taff™ 14:15 06 May 08

What about a system restore to when it was behaving?

darrenrichie 17:15 06 May 08

Hi
Thanks for replying everyone. Yes it is explorer.exe that keeps crashing. I was going to do a restore but I wanted to see if I could avoid that because I have installed lots of progs recently and wouldn't know where to restore it from as I don't want to have to reinstall everything! I know that's just lazy but if I could solve it without doing so then that would be great. I suppose if I can't solve it then I will do a restore but as a last resort.
Cheers

rossgolf 22:13 06 May 08

system restore makes restore points so you mite be able to find a point after your installations... mine makes one every time i boot up near enough

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5