Windows Explorer issues

spras 22:03 16 Apr 07

My Windows Explorer seems to be corrupted somehow. When transferring large files or large groups of files it'll show the transfer dialogue box and when the bar reaches the end all open Windows Explorer windows will stop responding. The files will transfer but it's a real pain having to open all the windows up again as I do a lot of transferring between drives. The same also happens when deleting files.

I've found a sort of solution in that if I hide the transfer dialogue box behind another window so I can't see it it wont stop responding most of the time, but this is far from ideal.

Windows Explorer will also have really off days and stop responding everytime I right click and go to Properties on a file or rename something.

System:
Windows XP
Amd Athlon 3000+
2GB RAM
80GB HDD/200GB SATA HDD (partitioned to 4 drives)

The only solution I can think of is re-installing windows but that is a road I really don't want to go down. This is a really weird problem, and a really annoying one so anyone ideas would be much appreciated?

MAJ 22:39 16 Apr 07

Try going to Start > Run and type/paste in this command:

sfc /scannow

and click OK. That will check all the system files and replace any that might be corrupt. Depending on how your OS was installed, you might need your XP CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5