windows explorer and internet explorer errors

King6m 17:19 26 Mar 08

im running xp sp2 with ie6.

I recently got a virus which i have now cleaned up however I am leaft with a problem whilst trying to close an explorer window or an internet explorer window. Both work fine until I want to close them, on both when pressing the red X button in the top corner or using Alt F4 I get a message saying "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I am administrator I just don't know what option i should change. at the moment I close ie by ending the process in task manager but to close an explorer window I hav to close explorer.exe and restart it.

thanks
king6m

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:21 26 Mar 08

Cannot Access Settings (Sybot)
Internet Explorer tells you to contact your administrator when you try to access the IE settings?
This can happen if you use Spybot-S&D in advanced mode and you have used the Immunize feature without reading all the text ;)

Please start Spybot-S&D again in advanced mode (usually from the Start menu group Spybot - Search & Destroy, until you've already changed the desktop icon to advanced mode), select Tools in the left bar -> IE tweaks.
There you'll see a group Recommended miscellaneous locks. Untick the checkboxes in front of both Lock IE... options. You may need to close all Explorer windows, and maybe even restart Windows before these changes take place.

Hint: this lock function has been added mostly for multi-user environments where you wouldn't want other users of your computer to change your IE settings. If you are the only user of your computer, there's no real need to enable them.

Not sybot
click here

King6m 17:30 26 Mar 08

i donĀ“t use spybotS&D

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac