Windows explorer has encountered a problem

FatboySlim71 18:12 20 Dec 06

I have a friend who has just got a pc, everytime he tries to access CONTROL PANEL he gets a message saying 'windows explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close'. He has Windows XP

brundle 18:18 20 Dec 06

Is it a brand new PC ?

sfc
click here

FatboySlim71 18:22 20 Dec 06

Has far as I know it is a new PC.

FatboySlim71 22:07 20 Dec 06

I have just been in contact with my friend and he now tells me that if he goes into control panel, he now does not get the 'Windows explorer has encountered an error' window appearing, the following now happens, as mentioned above he goes into CONTROL PANEL then he clicks on appearances and themes and then the control panel window dissapears and so do all the icons on the desktop but the icons reappear on the desktop after a couple of seconds or so.

FatboySlim71 22:56 20 Dec 06

Bump

Ex plorer 01:55 21 Dec 06

Hi this has come up before in the click here

FatboySlim71 09:10 21 Dec 06

Thank you Ex plorer for the help, I will not see my friend till Sunday now, so I will try your suggestion then, Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…