Windows Explorer Hanging.

Antz 20:39 19 Sep 07

I have a new and recent problem. Whenever I open a folder containing mpeg-4 files Windows Explorer either hangs or takes an awfully long time to open the contents of the folder. It seems that if there is only one or two files within the folder it will eventually open it but if there are any more than it will hang indefinitely. While it is hanging there my CPU is running at 80 to 90 percent. I usually have to shut it down via the task manager which initiates a restart of Explorer. As I say this is new and I don't remember changing my configuration in any way. I have several programs that can play these files and have tried setting all of them as default one at a time to no avail.........any suggestions???????

skidzy 21:02 19 Sep 07

Ive had a very similar issue in the past,never did find the cause but Winaso solved this for me.
click here regopt version.
Will let you scan and repair 10 items at any one time and then you can rescan and repair.
Excellent program that may just fix your issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…