Windows Explorer error message

vegies 15:35 25 Apr 03

On start up of Windows Me I get an error message
Explorer has caused an error in unknown> it suggests restartig but this has no effect
I am unable to access the internet and unable to use windows explorer
Help Dave

VoG™ 15:43 25 Apr 03

This describes your error but with W98 click here

vegies 15:53 25 Apr 03

I have looked at this Microsoft page but this does not seem to be my fault it mentions pagege fault which my message does not do you think i should try this souloution

VoG™ 15:58 25 Apr 03

Probably best NOT to try it yet. Wait for advice from others.

Patr100 19:20 25 Apr 03

"Explorer" refers usually to the Windows Interface itself and of course IE and Windows Explorer are closed related. Can't say if VoG™'s link will fix it but can you try a roll back using System Restore if you are using ME or possibly a repair of IE ?

vegies 12:49 27 Apr 03

After unistalling All applications failed to remove the error message. I have resorted to formatting C: and reinstalling windows as just reinstalling windows did not resolve the problem.
My only concern allthough this has solved the problem I still do not know the cause if it returns. thanks for those who tried Dave.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…