Windows Explorer - Default Folder

RegScriv 16:14 PM 16 Nov 12

Can anyone help me configure Windows Explorer so that it doesn't select a default folder. The shortcut is set for "%windir%\explorer.exe" and when I open Windows Explorer with my taskbar shortcut it automatically selects "Libraries" as the default folder - and it does this just as I'm going through the steps to select the folder that I want, pinging the folder tree right away from where I want to be.

Alternatively, does anyone know an app that works better than Windows Explorer.

RegScriv 10:16 AM 17 Nov 12

Thanks dr yes, I'll give that a go

Batch 14:03 PM 17 Nov 12

These are the Windows Explorer command line arguments (as they were with WinXP and I doubt if they've changed too much).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314853

alanrwood 15:24 PM 17 Nov 12

Try this in the target for the Win Explorer icon

C:\Windows\explorer.exe /n, /e, C:

This takes you directly to C:

If you want My Documents replace by "C:\Windows\My Documents" (the " and " are important due to long filename as I remember

alanrwood 12:26 PM 18 Nov 12

My reply above was truncated for some reason.

The last paragraph should read

If you want "My Documents" replace C: with "C:\Path\"My Documents" (where path is the path on your machine to My Docs). (the " and " are important due to long filename as I remember.

This method works for any location you choose and will open the tree at the specified location.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone