Windows Explorer crashes, system32\scvhost, 512mb

OUSCA 18:33 21 Nov 04

My P.C running on XP SP2, UPGRADED FROM 98SE with 512Mb DDR RAM, 2.67GHZ PRCSR, 120 GB IDE, NVDIA, from 98SE to XP SP1 initially...then SP2..
Internet via blueyonder 256Kbps Cable on Motorola SB4200 surboard..
after start up, window with title:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\scvhost.exe which is running in a DOS format with command line and messages including :
[4\10]circle0 X00A50048h flushed DNS cache!
[4/10]circle0 X00A50048h trying to connect to "

then another window pops on top with the title bar ERROR, with a message: C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
In my tries to remedy the situation..I noticed some processes/programs and file paths which included lsass.exe this alarmed me and tried using Norton... to no avail as the program didn't even load...
then I tried deleting it manually {all material that had lsass..] but there was a program icon with the lsass.exe that had attached to the system as a critical process and could not be deleted as it was in use!!! so how do I remove this and clear all the problems...

OUSCA 18:36 21 Nov 04

in addition..I seem to have only 198Mb left from 512Mb DDR RAM...I found out when my computer repeatedly crashes while on the net and have just two windows open or try to down load anything and download manager starts running...
please how do I also recover lost RAM or which process could be using it and I can stop them or...

VoG II 18:39 21 Nov 04

You've got something nasty on there. Virus scan. Then try Ad-aware click here Spybot click here CWShredder click here and a² click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…