Windows Explorer crashes

ukstarfish 14:02 11 Oct 04

I see I'm not the only one to experience this pronblem.

Explorer keeps crashing. It seemed to be when navigating to a file with a long path. I reduced the problem by moving the folder to the C: root position (Instead of in 'My Documents', which adds a lot of text to the path - any way round this?)

But it's still happening almost at random.

I have 1Gb RAM

Jackcoms 14:33 11 Oct 04

ukstarfish

My post on this problem from last December (and the various answers) may help click here

For what it's worth, I eventually had to do a complete format and re-install to solve the problem.

ukstarfish 14:54 11 Oct 04

Thanks - I read that discussion but felt it was inconclusive. Given that Explorer is fundamental to the operation of many programs (e.g. Photoshop, throws up an explorer based window when you want to open a file), I'm amazed this hasn't had proper attention and got fixed.

I had the same problem with Windows 2k and I thought Win XP Pro would have it sorted. (Trying hard not to go into MS bitching mode!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…