Windows Explorer buttons in Vista?

Simsy 18:19 27 Apr 08

Folks,

I'm new to Vista and am trying to get/find a couple of buttons on the Windows Explorer toolbar... specifically "Delete" and "New Folder".
Now I know these features are available via right click, but this isn't so easy on a laptop!

From what searching I've done on the internet it seems I'm not the only person to seek this... but so far without joy.

So does anyone there know o way of getting either or both of these feature available on buttons on the toolbar?

(One thing I did discover while searching was QTTabBar, which provides tabbed browsing for Windows explorer, and an associated toolbar, but not the specific features I seek. Perhaps some of you may wish to try it...
click here)

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

skidzy 18:26 27 Apr 08

if you open a document etc...just click Organise.

The delete function is there as is New Folder.

brundle 18:35 27 Apr 08

YOu might find this works; click here

I've never tried it, always found a file manager much more effective than any version of Windows Explorer. click here

Simsy 18:38 27 Apr 08

That is indeed a help, and new to me so I've leaned something. It's what I'll do in the absence of the buttons I seek!

However, it is still two operations rather than one. Anyone have any others offers?

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 19:47 27 Apr 08

that looks just right!

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 20:02 27 Apr 08

but it doesn't seem to work. I get an error message, "Not compatible with this version of explorer"
It does indicate on te site that development isn't finished... so I'l keep watching!

Thanks again. Good find!

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now