Windows explorer

podlod 14:29 12 Dec 07

Hi, I have just bought a game and it tells me to open this game in windows explorer, type in the game followed as I must do this first as the patch must be in before the game? can somebody please tell me how to run this game in simple terms in windows explorer? never had to do this before?

anskyber 14:43 12 Dec 07

Have you loaded the game and it there an icon on your desktop to double click on?

podlod 16:02 12 Dec 07

Hi ansk, no a panel comes up and says which language, something .exe. and when I click it says not a valid win 32 application?

mrwoowoo 16:07 12 Dec 07

Can you tell us which game?
I would have thought it impossible to patch a game before it is installed.I think you mean the game must be patched before you play the game.
I would have thought you just install the game normally,then exit on installation before playing.Then explore your drive where the game disc is to find the game patch.Double click on the patch which will be self excutable and away you go.
If the game won't self boot to install just explore your drive with the disc in and double click on setup to install.

GEEKSTA 19:02 12 Dec 07

Maby when it opens internet explorer it is trying to take you to their website??

podlod 07:31 13 Dec 07

Hi, what happens is as follows, I place the expansion game to oblivion in cd area, then everything comes up ok, I then click the area I am supposed to being Oblivion_v1.1finalenglich.exe. and a panel box comes up and says; this is not a valid win 32 application and nothing happens. Incidently what does this mean and how do I get over this win 32 not valid application? thanks for any help.

mrwoowoo 00:44 14 Dec 07

probably a silly question but do you have the origional oblivion game installed as you need this to play the expansion pack.

podlod 13:49 14 Dec 07

Hi woowoowoo, yes I have is the answer to your question. any ideas ?

mrwoowoo 19:06 15 Dec 07

All i can sugest is trying the oblivion forum.See if anyone has a similar problem.If not you can register and ask on there.
click here

podlod 11:27 17 Dec 07

Hi woowoo, I got in touch with Bethesda ( Oblivion )and they suggested I remove all oblivion and re-install which I did, but still made no diff? can I point out that the game was posted to me from UK from a friend, and that it had been opened, I wonder now if he has downloaded the CD to his PC and sent it on to me, would that make a diff?

mrwoowoo 17:12 19 Dec 07

you should be able to tell if it's genuine or not just by looking at it.
If it's a copy you need other software and/ or no cd/dvd cracks for it to run.
Can't advise about that sort of thing on this forum i'm afraid.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…