Windows explorer

bpzoom 12:55 05 Oct 04

XP Home Service pack 2. Windows Explorer will not open anything beyond the desktop. An error report was displayed and I clicked send error report, then Explorer closed down. I did not note the content of the error report. I restored to previous day, no difference. Explorer won't let me access contents of either of two hard drives. If try everything freezes. I have read other recent problems on Win Explorer threads but cannot tell if they apply to me. I have run virus check and Adaware and Spybot nothing to report. I use RegSupreme a registry cleaner, so I hope nothing went out that way that should not have done. Any advice on where I go from here please?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:48 05 Oct 04

Repair IE
click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:48 05 Oct 04

Repair IE
click here

Sethhaniel 14:58 05 Oct 04

and last working configuration (or something like that) ;)

Sethhaniel 15:00 05 Oct 04

Start - Run -
SFC /Scannow with XP cd in remember to put space after sfc AND before /Scannow

bpzoom 15:39 05 Oct 04

Fruitbat and the others, many thanks for your advice. Win Explorer is working normally now. I did the Run sfc / scannow. Very grateful to you indeed. Is it likely that I may have caused such an error? I can only think of RegCleaner as anything I do which might be called intrusive. I tend to accept everything it turns up is due for removal. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…