Windows error message IOS

tycapel7 16:39 10 Apr 05

Can you help me please as i have never seen this one befor and i can not get passed the first screen to find out what it might be. The drive has been reformated and windows was installed with no problems, but when i reboot i get this message.
Has anyone seen this one befor.

Thankyou. Bobby.

SANTOS7 16:43 10 Apr 05

click here you don't say what operating system you have, but this may help..

tycapel7 17:07 10 Apr 05

I have tried Win 95 and Win ME, its the same result. I have also tried a different hard drive. Could it be something alredy in the computer. Bobby.

LastChip 17:12 10 Apr 05

Make sure you haven't got a floppy in the drive.

tycapel7 17:19 10 Apr 05

No i meant a faulty bit of hardware or maybe even virus hiding someware.

LastChip 17:27 10 Apr 05

IOS (Input/Output System) is another way of saying the BIOS cannot find a drive with an operating system on to hand over to.

When the machine boots up, the BIOS (Basic Input/Output System), a chip on your motherboard, initialises control. Once its done its very limited but important job, it has to hand over control to an operating system.

If you have a floppy in the drive that is not a system disc, you will get this message, provided your machine is set to boot from the floppy first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…