windows error

Josie29 10:14 18 Apr 10

At start up of my desk top computer i get the following message. "Error loading C:\WINDOWS\aloxakuqe.dll Specific module could not be found".
I don't know what this is for or how to repair it, any ideas?
I am running windows xp.

fishmad pete 10:31 18 Apr 10

I have done a quick search for this "aloxakuqe.dll" on the internet but can't find any mention of it. Is this a new problem? Have you recently uninstalled any software?
Try booting into safe mode (press F8 as the computer starts up) this will load only the most important files. If the error is not present then the next thing to do is a clean boot up into windows which involves running MSCONFIG and deselecting all the startup items. If you need assistance with this post back

Josie29 10:36 18 Apr 10

Fishmad pete, I had a virus warning about a week ago and finaly got rid of it. as soon as i had though this message etarted to appear. i have also started having problems with windows media player as well. so i'm wondering if they are connected.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:58 18 Apr 10

Start - run - type msconfig - press OK

startup tab look through the list of startups (list them here) one of them will be the program asking for this .dll.

Untick all but antivirus antimaware firewall.

if you list them we will advise which you need.

fishmad pete 11:05 18 Apr 10

Josie29
Ok this could be the result of removing the virus. I have done further checks on the net and still can't find any results for this .dll. Try the safe mode and if that loads without error we'll try a clean boot.
Just to give me some guidance how confident are you with computers. I am using windows 7 but have only just migrated so hopefully I will be able to help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…