Windows Enountered An Error Accessing The Registry

Caballero_7 15:26 03 Jul 03

I have noticed that when i start my computer before the desktop loads, I get an error message saying 'Windows Encountered An Error Accessing the System Registry, Windows Will Restart'. Windows then restarts and it says that system files have been backed up and you now have a 'Good Registry'. But the same thing happens every 4 to 5 days and it is very annoying. I checked the Microsoft Webiste for help and found some informaiton. It says the problem has something to do with the Windows Swap File (??). If anyone knows any information on how to stop this message from appearing, i would be very grateful.

BillEmm 16:54 03 Jul 03

your VM file has become overly fragmented.

Try a defrag and see what happens, and next time you post please tell us: Which Windows OS you are using, how much RAM you have, how large your hard disk is and how much spare space is on it.

961 17:08 03 Jul 03

You will also find articles in the Microsoft KB saying that this can arise if you have a faulty memory module.

I had a similar problem when I upgraded to a new version of Zone Alarm some time ago. After I went back to an earlier version the problem disappeared. I have since upgraded to an even newer version without trouble

Caballero_7 17:46 03 Jul 03

I am new to this forum, as i didnt know i had to state my PC specs. Anyway, here they are:

Windows 98 2nd Edition
Pentium 3 800MHz
14GB Hard Disk
8GB Free Disk Space

As someone stated about the Microsoft Site, i looked there and it said something about the Windows Swap File. I had my PC formatted and everyting was installed again from scratched a few months back as there was a problem. I never had this problem before it got fixed. It just started to appear after the format and reinstallation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…