windows email

tapsilteerie 18:07 16 Jun 07

please help! whenever I look at my windows mail, a security login appears asking for user name and password-when these are entered the login request fades and then reappears. I can send emails but still can't receive anything. can anyoe help me?

p;3 18:46 16 Jun 07

one assumes you are trying to log into your web mail on a server? what is the address?

tapsilteerie 19:46 16 Jun 07

I'm sorry for being thick,but I don't really know what address I've to look for! where would I find it?

p;3 19:57 16 Jun 07

you say you try to look at your windows mail ? is this on your computer or on a web site somewhere?

do you use Outlook express or Outlook to send and receive mails or do you log into a website somewhere to send mails ?

tapsilteerie 21:05 16 Jun 07

sorry! it's on my pc, its a dell inspiron I6400 laptop with system Windows Vista Home Premium with microsoft windows mail.

tapsilteerie 21:05 16 Jun 07

sorry! it's on my pc, its a dell inspiron I6400 laptop with system Windows Vista Home Premium with microsoft windows mail.

p;3 21:54 16 Jun 07
  tapsilteerie 22:46 16 Jun 07
  p;3 23:27 16 Jun 07

I think you need to find out what the settings for the windows mail client should be; try using this thing to ask them

click here

I as yet cannot find any where that tells about the settigns you need for the client you use

p;3 00:14 17 Jun 07

check your settigns ; do you have these correct?

pop.sky.com
smtp.sky.com
try this lot;
'1. Open Outlook Express,( program) click Tools then select Accounts
2. Click the Mail tab, then click Add and select Mail
3. The wizard will start. Type in your name then click Next
4. Enter your email address then click Next
5. Leave the My Incoming Mail Server is a POP3 Server drop down box as POP3. In Incoming Mail Server enter: pop.sky.com (all lowercase, no spaces). In Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server enter: smtp.sky.com (all lowercase, no spaces).
6. In the Account Name Box enter the first part of your @sky.com email address (everything before the @ sign). In the Password Box, enter the password for your @sky.com email account, then click Next.
7. Click Finish
8. To complete the account creation process click Tools then select Accounts
9. Click the Mail tab, then click Properties
10. Click the My server requires authentication box to place a tick inside. Click OK
11. Repeat the above process for each mail account you want to set up, including sub accounts. Each sub account will have a different email address and password. If you're having trouble sending email from Outlook Express (or other email software), it may mean you need to switch on SMTP authentication. '

tapsilteerie 10:05 17 Jun 07

I've done all that-how do I switch on SMTP?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…