Windows to edit an Adobe Reader 7 file?

1936 18:25 14 Mar 09

I used the PDF choice when I scanned a large number of pages of a typewritten paper I wrote a long time ago and now I want to work on it. It was a tedious task so I scanned the document in five stages so I have five files and now I want to place them all on one file to edit. Then I found that I can only open these files with Adobe Reader 7 and if I want to cut and paste these files to finish up with just one I have to purchase an addition to the Adobe Reader 7 application.
I suspect that I would have been better if I had scanned the document using the OCS option but I was loath to do that because I thought it would take much longer.
I don’t normally object to paying for software but I resent feeling that I have been coned by Adobe so is there a way round my problem?

Clapton is God 18:39 14 Mar 09

"but I resent feeling that I have been coned by Adobe"

You haven't been "coned" (sic) by Adobe.

It has never been possible to edit Adobe Reader files.

Why not start again and scan the files into Word?

1936 20:10 14 Mar 09

I resent feeling that I have been coned by Adobe because I only downloaded it because I had to when a PDF file came to me. There was no mention on the "free" offer that I would need to purchase an extension to the "free" software if I needed to edit the document.

"Why not start again and scan the files into Word?" There are two answers to that.
1. Its close to 400 stinking pages.
2. As a not very proficent computer user I'm not sure how to scan into Word.

1936 12:25 15 Mar 09

I looked on the Web and found a PDF to Word converter that looked good. However,when I used the trial version the PDF page converted to Word had so many errors on it that it was a nonsense.
So, does anyone have a PDF to Word converter that they can recomend?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…