Windows Easy Transfer (WET)

Arthur 12:43 20 Sep 07

I have purchased a new computer and wish to tranfer the settings to my new computer. My present computer runs XP home, my new Vista. I decided to use WET. Downloaded the file from Micosofts's website. Unpacked the file and started WET, chose the location for the files and created a password. The "check what can be transfered" process started, then a message appeared "There was an error in scanning the data on your system" Windows Easy Tranfer will now be cancelled. I have reinstalled the file a number of times and downloaded the file twice, each time removing the old files from the computer.
Help please.

Arthur

Durko 13:29 20 Sep 07

Arthur

It's still in Beta form and can only move limited settings and the like so might have some anomalies. You can use your new laptop with Vista's array of tools to transfer XP settings using this transfer cable. Much cheaper than £30 plus pounds from pc world or Currys. If you don't like that try Laplink's PC Mover. click here

Hope this helps.

Durko

Arthur 12:26 24 Sep 07

I have not purchased a new laptop, but a new desktop. I understand that the new companion to WET is in Beta form, this enables the transfer of programs, but I only require the settings. I am still having no luck.

Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac