Windows Easy Transfer

David_LondonW 18:42 27 Apr 08

We have been changing from an HP computer with XP to a new one with Vista. I want to transfer the files from the old computer to the new one using Windows Easy Transfer, via an external hard drive. The files to be transferred comprise emails and Word documents and do not take up much disk space. Transferring the files onto the external hard drive seemed to work OK, but when I tried to transfer the files onto the new computer I got a message saying that there was not enough disk space. The problem seems to be the D drive because there is more than enough space on the C drive.

Although I was being prompted to transfer everything, I am wondering if I should have transferred files on the C drive only because on both the new computer and the old one the D drive contains recovery files only and possibly there isn't any need to transfer anything on the D drive.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I perhaps start again and transfer only files on the C drive?

As an additional question, where will I be able to find the old emails when they have transferred over?

Best wishes and thanks for your help.

Daveboy 20:17 27 Apr 08

Why is it making you transfer to your D drive ? Can you noy just change that ? (to C drive).

David_LondonW 00:14 28 Apr 08

It didn't give the option of transferring the D drive files anywhere else: but I'm wondering if we need to transfer the D drive files from the old computer at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now