windows double & internet trouble

happ 13:45 27 Dec 05

I`ve recently reinstalled windows and I think I have probably got two lots of windows XP how can I get rid of one.
Also I`m having problems with wanadoo internet connection usually when I first connect it`s ok then when I turn off the computer and on again I cannot connect I get a message saying there is no connection which there is I`ve tried all the usb ports and their ok and so are all other connections I`ve recently had a new motherboard and graphics card installed and I`ve talked to wanadoo who went through all the setup with me it still didn`t work they said there was probably some conflict on startup and advised that I reinstall windows the internet connection worked for a while then went again coming up with the same old no connection message.
Can anyone help please with these two problems,
thanks Eric

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:43 27 Dec 05

How do you know you have two lots of windows?

Start - run - type Msconfig- look under boot.ini tab what does it say?

happ 15:26 27 Dec 05

It says
[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition"/fast detect/NoExecute=Optin
multi(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition"/fast detect

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…