//some 3rd party need geo

windows dosn't load

breadwinner 20:08 19 May 04

loaded a software game which wouldn't run.
so uninstalled it & shut down. Next day turned on computer & after 1st screens error message. Error loading Explorer.exe you must re-instal windows (running win 98) by the way. Click ok and another box says, A required DLL file SHLWAPI.DLL was not found. I have tried start up disc to no avail, will not start in safe mode either. If I insert win98 disc nothing happens.I have tried loading from start up disc following instructions but it dosn't seem to recognise the cd drive I just get a null message. Hope this is enough information.
It is no good e-mailing me as I am submitting this through a friends computer, so I will log on tommorow night from his house.

AndySD 21:10 19 May 04

Try

Start Windows in MS-DOS mode (press the Ctrl key as soon as your PC starts. This will get you the Bootup menu. Once the menu is up, choose Command prompt only)
Type Scanreg /restore at the prompt
You will get a screen where you can select which registry backup to use
Choose your backup and press Restore
When ready you'll be prompted to Restart your computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…