Windows does not recognise USB device.

Di31 05:53 14 May 04

I recently purchased a Sony Cybershop DSC-P32.Installed USB Driver, Image Transfer, and Image Mixer Software to my computer, connected the USB cable to my camera and the computer, to transfer images, and received message "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognise it".

I tried uninstalling the Software and re-installing it, with the same result.

Phoned Sony, who advised to uninstall other software using USB ports, ie printer and scanner, then re-install Image Transfer Software first, and then the printer and scanner, as there may have been a conflict. Same result.

My son checked it out by installing the Software on his computer and he transferred the images with no problem.

I have checked under device managers/USB controllers that the USB ports are working properly on my computer and they are.

Any help with this problem would be much appreciated. Di31

Jakey boy 06:23 14 May 04

Does your camera connect directly to the PC, or through a cradle? Are the camera and/or PC USB 2.0 or 1.1? Have you chacked the Sony website for the latest drivers, and what OS are you running?

Jakey boy 06:35 14 May 04

I've already checked. The camera connects directly. Try going to click here
Register for free, and they have a driver for your camera and XP.

Di31 03:16 15 May 04

I downloaded P810Driver for XP and Sony Cybershot DSC-P32, from the web site you suggested, but unfortunately had the same result as before. My son installed the Image Mixer software on his computer to check the camera, and everything worked beautifully. I've now phoned Sony, the shop from which I purchased the camera, enlisted my son's help and tried your suggestion, to no avail. If there is some conflict with my HP Scanjet 2300c, and/or my Epson Stylus printer C64, I would appreciate knowing how to overcome this problem.

Thanks very much for taking the time to try to help me. If you have any other ideas, as to why Windows will not recognise my digital camera, I'd appreciate any additional help.

Thanks again. Di31

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…